Signalau

Dyma'r rhestr o bethau signalau.
Mae'n dyddiau gynnar, felly dychwelyd yn aml i ffeindio beth sy'n newydd.

Atherton Goods Yard
Constructed in 1956 as a 35 lever frame controlling four running lines, four platforms and a collection of sidings and a goods yard, Atherton was situated on a line built to provide extra capacity between Wigan and Manchester by avoiding the bottlenecks of Bolton. As part of a cost cutting measure, the box was officially closed in 1999, only to be reopened in 2000 when it became apparent that the large block section between Crow Nest Junction and Walkden was causing excessive delays. Towards the end of its life, the severely rationalised box with its 5 working levers was open on a part-time basis and was switched out at quieter times, before finally closing on July 28th 2013, transfering operations to Manchester Piccadilly Signalling Centre.
Diagram

Bootle (Cumbria)
This small 15-lever Grade II listed signalbox was constructed in 1874 controlling the station, level crossing and the now removed goods yard. It is situated on the North-bound platform of Bootle station in Cumbria and still boasts 15 levers, 10 of which are still in use.
Diagram

Crow Nest Junction
Following rationalisation of the lines between Wigan, Bolton and Atherton, Crow Nest Junction signal box was opened by BR on October 1st 1972. Built to replace a much larger 92 lever box, most of which had become surpless to requirements, the box controlled movements over the double track junction until its closure and subsequent transfer to Manchester Piccadilly Signalling Centre on July 28th 2013.
Diagram / Simulator

Machynlleth NEW!
Opened in 1960 replacing two previous boxes at Machynlleth East and Machynlleth West, Machynlleth contained a 50 lever frame and controlled the station, access to the single line sections and an array of sidings and works. In 1988, the box was extended in order to accomodate the then new RETB signalling system, which allowed the entire cambrian lines, a distance of almost 140 miles, to be controlled from the one location. Control of the box was handed over in sections to a new ERTMS control centre from October 2010 until full closure on March 19th 2011.
Diagram

Park South
Park South Signal box was opened by the Furness Railway Company in 1883, and controls the adjacent barriered level crossing and movements over Park South Junction. The Junction gives the north access to and from Barrow-in-Furness, as well as a direct route to Dalton Junction avoiding the slower and more congested route through Barrow itself. The signaller here also has a remit over two user worked crossings and a joint (albeit lesser) responsibility with the signaller at Barrow for the safe passage of trains over an Automatic Open Level Crossing (AOLC) used by a nearby works.
Diagram